Posted on Jul 6, 2017
Province commits to the Calgary Green Line LRT
The Government of Alberta is investing in state-of-the-art public transit to create jobs and keep thousands of Calgarians moving.
The Green Line is Calgary's highest transit infrastructure priority.
- The Government of Alberta will invest up to $1.53 billion committed over 8 years to support Stage 1 of Calgary's Green Line LRT
- The province has already committed more than $345 million to Calgary LRT projects, including $148 million for Green Line early works
- Funding for Green Line will come from carbon levy revenues
- This is the largest single investment in infrastructure funding in Alberta's history
- Stage 1 of the Green Line will connect communities from 16th Avenue North through the downtown core to Shepard in the southeast
- Stage 1 will create 20,000 direct and indirect jobs
- Green Line will serve up to 65,000 people a day
- Green house gases will be reduced by 30,000 tonnes a year
- View the City of Calgary's Green Line Map